Loft Conversion Package
Can I convert my loft?
As a rule of thumb to convert your loft ideally you would need to meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 2.2/2.3m or higher in the centre of your roof from your ceiling joists to your ridge, which is the highest point in the apex of your roof.
- Or alternatively a minimum of 35-degree pitch is required. The angle should be taken from the rafters.
- You will need a minimum height of 2m headroom for your new staircase and access.
- Next, look if there are any obstacles within your roof space such as: chimney stacks, water tanks or anything else that may need to be removed as part of your conversion.
- A standard loft conversion can create a great space but adding an additional dormer can create more usable floor space with full head height.
- If your loft meets the above criteria book a consultation and see how we can start your loft conversion today.
The benefits of converting your loft
- Extra space
- Save on garden space with a loft conversion
- Adds value to your home
- Saves both the time and cost of moving home
- Take advantage of a view
- You may not need planning permission
- Improve your homes energy efficiency
- Allow your creative side out
- Adds in more natural light
Potential uses for your loft conversion
- An extra bedroom or two with an en suite bathroom
- Home office
- Cinema room
- Dressing room
The average cost of a loft conversion
Within the Midlands area the average cost of a loft conversion for a terrace and semi-detached property is between £38,000 – £50,000. To add a flat roof dormer to your loft conversion it may cost you in the region of an additional £5,000 – £10,000. A Hip to Gable can cost between £40,000 – £70,000.
Our process of converting your loft
Stage 1: Preparation and Brief
- Buy the package through contacting us to book a consultation, which can be done online via the website or via contacting the office directly by email or telephone.
- Discuss a proposal during the 30-minute preparation and discussion of brief with the client to see what they want to achieve through their loft conversion. Within that consultation the finalised brief agreed for the loft conversion project.
- Next step is we book a survey in at the property. The survey will take between 2 – 3 hours. To survey the existing property, elevations, all floor plans and including the loft space. (we would need clear loft access to carry out the full survey). We would also need to photograph the property during the survey.
- Next step, we would draw up the existing layout and section.
- Discuss with client external finishes.
Stage 2: Concept Designs
- We will create the proposed floor space and discuss with the client to agree the proposed layout.
- Discuss the external look of the loft conversion and flat roof dormer if required.
- Clients to agree and sign off loft design.
Stage 4: Technical Design
- Completion of technical drawings, specification, and section details.
- We will then liaise with the structural engineer for steel beam calculations.
- We would submit the technical drawings and specification details to Building Control.
- This process takes between 2 – 6 weeks to wait to receive a building control notice.
- Once we have received the building control notice we will forward the completed drawing package to the client ready to start works via email.
Client will receive on completion
The drawing package will consist of:
- Technical drawings for your loft conversion
- Structural calculations
- Building Control plans approval notice
Why use LiteBox Architecture?
- We are an experienced Chartered CIAT Architectural Practice that has carried out many loft conversions in all types of different homes for the last 27 years
- We have Professional Indemnity Insurance and Public Liability Insurance (we are fully insured for all our work)
- We have a portfolio of previous loft conversions
- We have good reliable contact for local builders who can carry out your building work
- Here at LiteBox we provide a fast friendly service for your loft conversions
- Project to be within a 30-mile radius of the LiteBox office in Henley in Arden
- The package covers end terrace and semi-detached style properties of standard construction
- Large detached properties would be excluded from the package and will require a sperate quotation
- The loft conversion package allows for one 30-minute online consultation to discuss the layouts
- 50% deposit to be paid up front before work commences and final 50% to be paid before submission to building control
- This package is for loft conversions that fall within permitted development of 40m3 volume for terraced house and 50m3 for any otherPlanning permission is excluded from this package but if required can be added with an additional fee.
- All building control fees to be paid directly by client
- Please note no energy or drainage reports are included within this package
- Please note the drawing package will be used online only in a PDF format. If the clients require any paper copy of drawings these will need to be printed by an external printer company. All drawings shall be scaled to an A1 paper sized format.
- Upon completion of the project, LiteBox Architecture may take completion photographs to be used for marketing purposes.
So Let’s Grab a Coffee & Start Your Inspiring Design Today!
For all Residential Architectural Designers & Commercial Architectural Design requirements make LiteBox Architecture your first choice. Call us today on: 02476 629192
Architectural Designers Coventry | Architectural Designers Warwickshire | Architectural Designers Nuneaton | Architectural Designers Balsall Common | Architectural Designers Meriden | Architectural Designers Solihull | Architectural Designers Stratford upon Avon | Architectural Designers Kenilworth | Architectural Designers Warwick | Architectural Designers Sutton Coldfield | Architectural Designers Little Aston | Architectural Designers London